We are dedicated to supporting local growers and producers by providing a friendly and welcoming farmers market.
What We Are?
We are dedicated to supporting local growers and producers by providing Dexter and the surrounding communities with a friendly and welcoming farmers market, which meets the demands of local residents for purchasing local, fresh food and merchandise.
What Are Some Of The Product Guidelines?
- Michigan fruits, vegetables, and herbs must be fresh and of high quality.
- Produce labeled "organic" should be grown on farms with organic certification or labeled "naturally grown" if using organic methods.
- Bakers should make their food from "scratch".
- Processed foods and baked goods must be made by the vendor in a licensed food establishment or in accordance with the 2010 Michigan Cottage Food Law.
- Vendors must grow their own plants and cut flowers.
- Michigan-Raised Meat, Poultry, and Egg products must be of high quality, properly refrigerated/frozen, and properly labeled. Only products raised by vendor may be sold.
- Meat must have been processed at a USDA inspected facility and vendor must display license each week.
- Vendors selling eggs must comply with USDA rules, if applicable to the vendor.
- Our indoor venue will be sanitized before and after each event.
How Do I Become A Vendor?
- Read and agree to the Dexter Winter Farmers Market Application and Operating Guidelines.
- 2022-2023 Application and Operating Guidelines
- Completely fill out the application and sign it where indicated.
- When we receive your complete application, including all applicable copies of insurance, appropriate permits, and licenses, we will review them carefully and notify you of our decision. If approved, the market manager will contact you to begin selling.
- Please Contact us if you have any questions.
What Do Our Vendors Offer?
- Art and Crafts
- Bread and Baked Goods
- Fresh Produce
- Eggs, Meats, and More
Dexter Wellness Coalition
St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea
5 Healthy Towns Foundation